Signs Your Commercial Roof Needs Repair
In this post, you will learn the signs your commercial roof needs repair. Read along to learn everything you need to know!
Businesses have the same roofing needs as homes. Over time, even commercial roofs in the New Jersey area need to be repaired or replaced. There is, however, a small window in time between when a roof repair costs much less than waiting until you have severe damage to the building. This guide will take you through the process of knowing the signs your commercial roof needs repair and how to find the right company for you.
Before we explain the different ways to know if your roof needs repair, we must first understand that not all roofs are the same. There are as many types of roofs in the commercial roofing industry as there are challenges you face with each. Let’s look at the different types of roofs available in the commercial spectrum, which could require repair, renovation, or installation.
Types of Commercial Roofs
- Two-Ply Roofing
- Tile Roofing
- Torch Down Roofing
- T.P.O Roofing System.
- Tar & Gravel Roofing
- Three Ply Roofing
- Single Ply Roofing
- New Roofs
- Patio Roofs
- Metal Roofing
- Aluminum Coating
- Asphalt Roofing
- Composite Roofing
- Fiberglass Roofing
- EPDM Rubber Roofing
Each type of roof has its advantages depending on the type of business and climate the building is located in. However, each one also has issues with what type of repairs will be needed years into the future. Next, let’s look at the different ways to see when a commercial roof requires repair.
Signs Your Commercial Flat Roof Needs Repair
It’s not always easy to see the need for roof repairs outside of an inspection. Damage can take place to your building without you noticing it for weeks or months.
The only true way to make sure your roof stays in top shape is to have it inspected periodically by an in-house maintenance team trained in commercial roofing or through a professional commercial roofing company.
Without those inspections, you’ll have to wait for the following signs of roof damage to show themselves.
- Leaking Roof: If any signs of a leaking roof are discovered, it probably means there has been an issue for some time. Immediate action must be taken to ward off further damage.
- Water Damage to Walls: A roof repair is one thing; having to renovate your entire business is another. Once water damage gets to your walls, you probably need a larger repair.
- Buckled Ceiling: Ceiling tiles are very evident when they succumb to water damage. Discoloration and sagging are common signs of a leaking roof.
- Loss of Attic Insulation: As with a buckled ceiling, attic insulation will show any signs of water damage long after the water has dried.
- Animal Infestation: If the damage to your roof is bad enough, you begin having issues with raccoons, rats, and other vermin entering through openings in your roof. A roof in good condition will not allow animals inside the attic area.
- Mold: Mold is almost always an indication of a water leak within your building and many times, a serious health issue many times. For the sake of you and your employees, do not put off finding the cause of mold issues.
- Damage to roofing materials: Finally, any damage seen to the roof is a sign you need to have it repaired. What seems to be a small problem now can quickly turn into a larger issue in a few weeks and require full renovations.
In the event you see any of these signs, roof repairs are not optional. Contact a roofing company immediately for an inspection and estimate on the roof repair costs.
Why You Should Never Put Off Roof Repairs
One of the biggest hits your budget will take is waiting too long to complete repairs to your roof. Emergency repairs are part of what roofing companies specialize in, and can save you money in the long term.
Leaks can cause water damage to a roof, walls, and building contents which ultimately costs the owner much more money than they would have spent on roof repairs. Replacing a building roof is a costly project, so be aware of this fact.
The sooner you catch the signs of roof damage, the easier it is to fix. Damage that has been left for months will typically cost a lot more than taking care of an issue during its infancy.
Choosing a Commercial Roofing Repair Company
A professional roofing company that specializes in commercial roofing will not only save you money but also secure your building for years to come from damage.
When choosing roofing contractors, you should always complete an interview with the prospective company to make sure they are a good fit for your business.
A good commercial roofer will provide references from past clients, take safety precautions, and provide a fair estimate of the project’s cost. They should also be able to answer questions about materials used on your roof and warranty information. They need to be the type of company that is familiar with all types of roofing and can help you choose the best roof repair solution for your business.
Commercial roofers should be insured, licensed, and certified to work on commercial roofs in order to comply with state safety regulations. It’s also essential that a contractor has liability insurance, so if they damage property or injure someone while working at your building, their insurance will cover it.
Knowing the signs your commercial roof needs repair is critical. A leaking and damaged roof is something no business owner needs. Finding the problem as soon as possible is one of the most critical aspects of correcting the issue.
Finding an experienced commercial roofing company that is the right fit for your job is essential in helping to save you money and your business. At R Stevens Commercial Roofing, we have the expertise to repair your commercial roof and provide the quality service you deserve. Contact us today for a detailed inspection and quote.